Why is the Water in My House Not Hot Enough?
Reasons Why the Water in Your Home is Lukewarm
Most of the time, if you are not getting enough hot water throughout your home, the water heater is to blame. Gas water heaters may fail to provide hot water due to a pilot light that has gone out or a defective thermocouple or thermostat. If your gas water heater provides some hot water but not enough, you may need to relight the pilot light or turn up the temperature on the thermostat.
Electric water heaters may suffer from problems with heating elements or thermostats. Sediment from water may cover the lower heating element, which prevents it from heating the water properly. This is indicated by a lack of warm water. If you are getting lukewarm water, it is usually an issue with the upper heating element, which might have burned out or it could be defective. If the issue is with the thermostat, you may simply need to turn up the temperature.
Tips for Gas and Electric Water Heaters
The following tips will help owners of gas water heaters:
- Make the gas is on. This entails checking to see if the burner and pilot light are both lit.
- Make sure the thermostat is set to the correct temperature.
- Always smell for gas. If the gas smells lingers, you may have a leak and you should leave your home and call a professional right away.
Electric water heaters can benefit from the following tips:
- Flush the heater every so often to prevent sediment from building up.
- Make sure the thermostat is set to the proper temperature.
A Professional in Santa Cruz, California Can Resolve Your Water Heater Issues
Expert Plumbing in Santa Cruz, California, can help keep your water heater in working order. We are family-owned and hold more than 25 years of plumbing experience. We can repair your existing water heater or install a new one to suit your needs and budget. We also offer emergency services that can help to resolve many issues, including broken pipes, leaking faucets, clogged drains, and much more. Contact Expert Plumbing today for a free quote for your plumbing needs.